Eagles Point

The purpose of this space is to simply to share experiences, encouragement, ideas, questions, challenges, struggles, and victories, in hopes that someone might be strengthened and uplifted, or even used by God to respond and strengthen and encourage me.

The content comes from a genuine heart that seeks to live this out on a daily basis, whether successful or not. Authenticity is golden, and I strive to be transparent in my shortcomings. I believe this empowers us in a unique way by the Holy Spirit to call others to the graces we share. A good shepherd must be personally striving to walk out that which they call others to.

I am encouraged by others who have a heart for genuine living, and especially those who have been through untold circumstances and have a story to tell as they journey through their healing. I advocate with a genuine, broken heart for the disadvantaged, the mistreated, the exploited. I seek to be as true to their stories, experiences, feelings and realities as I possibly can.

Many people have idols and heroes, whether movie stars, athletes, or other public figures. As a child, I never was one to have some person that I considered an idol or hero, per se. As I have grown older, I can say with humble pride that my one true idol for life is my Lord Jesus.

As for heroes, that has significantly changed for me over time. I have countless true, real life heroes these days. I cannot keep track of them all, though I try, because there are so many...the sum of those who are struggling to make it, overcoming abuse and poverty, faithfully caring for children, a spouse, a parent, working through post-trauma effects, enduring physical disability, and especially those who are exploited.

So for the lives of these do I speak, as well as to the hearts of those who have need of healing, restoration, comfort, companionship, and mercy. And to those who need direction or inspiration, to those who are thirsty, to those who have discovered an endless well of passion within themselves, come, let's drink of the living waters.

May the grace and presence of the Lord be evident and prevalent, upon you and in you.

Eagles Point | a safe place of rest...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tougher Love

Somewhere Else

Anonymous Tip